I’m really slacking on the whole “blog” thing this week. Actually, I’m pretty slacking on just about everything. A three-day-weekend sounds great in theory, in terms of getting things done, but it always just seems to basically turn into a free-for-all.
This week, I’m not sure if I’m just too tired to notice Zachary being Zachary, or if I’m just use to Zachary being Zachary…but not a ton has stood out to me.
He did make me dictate letters to a few friends of his that live in other states. (now THAT was an experience). He also went to the FHS game to cheer on his big brother in the band…and by the end of the night I had several parents coming up to me saying that they’d wished someone would have gotten Z’s dancing in the stands on the Friday Frenzy videos. Even a group of young girls from WJHS were staring, smiling and admiring his skills. Truly can’t take that boy anywhere. Ha. (oh, I’m a bad mom, I was supposed to e-mail about 10 different people to tell them that he saw his friend Stella from school at the game. Oops. Shame on me).
We also got to borrow someone’s jeep one day this weekend. (Which came with the opportunity to meet some really cool kids and play with some baby chicks). At first, Z was FREAKED about riding in the jeep. The person who let us borrow it, due to the way the seatbelts work, told me it was safer for Z’s car seat to be strapped in the front seat. Did I mention we had the doors off? My Zebolish was NOT sure what to think. I’m not positive which was worse? The jeep owners look on his face when I didn’t take it out of first gear the entire way down his long driveway, or the look on Z’s face, scared to death he was going to fall out while it was moving. It did not take long though, and that boy was as hooked on jeeps as his mama, telling me that we NEED to buy a jeep. :) We did have one near fiasco on a hill (the jeep was having some issues) which freaked us both out, so when we had to go up another one…he was literally chanting the name of the street we were to turn on next, in hopes that would make it show up faster and we could get off that hill. Lol.
That same night, we got to head over and hang out at his friend Phoebe’s house to watch the Hogs play. Phoebe has decided that she’s going to marry Zach, and after walking out into the living room with her veil on, I asked her when the wedding was. Very matter of factly, she stated: “tomorrow.” HA. They are really too precious. The following day, Z asked if he could go back to Phoebe’s that night. When I said no, he nearly cried. Child has a social life for days.
And then today...he got to go on a playdate at our friend’s Randy and Miriam’s house, to play with their boys Luke and Issac...and Luke's friend Zach (yep, it gets confusing). He also ran into one of the kids he'd met on Saturday when we went to pick up the jeep. She was up the hill at her house, where Miriam was taking the boys on golf cart rides, and using her driveway as the turnaround spot (Miriam worked the pedal and the boys each got to take a turn steering). It would seem from just a few of the random events that have happened this weekend, our world is getting smaller every day. Anyway... please keep in mind...today is cold. High of what? 70 something? When I called to check on him earlier….he was in their outdoor pool. Uh…it’s cold, I didn’t send a swimsuit with him, he was complaining to Miriam when I dropped him off that his nose was running “because Mommy forgot to give me my vitamin this morning,” and yet the child was in the pool. Yea, I’ve learned to just go with it.
Anyway, he did not disappoint completely with his fabulous one-liners. The one that made my side hurt (and that I managed to write down before I forgot) was this: “My right hand is my favorite hand - it's my eating hand. My left hand is my disgusting hand. I pick my nose with it.” HA. What more can you say really? That’s my Zachie! J




No comments:
Post a Comment